Final Draft Comprehensive Plan
Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan (LWRP)
Final Draft Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan (LWRP)
Preliminary Waterfront Overlay District, LWRP Consistency Review and Design Guidelines
Preliminary Draft Harbor Management Law
Planning Workshops and Public Engagement History
The City of Plattsburgh engaged the community throughout the planning process. Thank you to those who attended meetings, shared ideas, and provided feedback throughout the development of these plans. Meeting recordings, survey results, and public comments are included below.
- Common Council Visioning Session (September 3, 2020)
- Planning Board Visioning Session (September 17, 2020)
- Ward 1 Public Workshop (March 1st, 2021)
- Ward 2 Public Workshop (March 1st, 2021).
- Wards 3 + 4 Public Workshop (March 1st, 2021).
- Ward 5 Public Workshop (March 2nd, 2021).
- Ward 6 Public Workshop (March 2nd, 2021).
- Late Night for the Planet (SUNY and Community Engagement, March 9th, 2021)
Recording of the 1st Draft Comprehensive Plan Meeting (8/1/22)
Recording of the 2nd Draft Comprehensive Plan Meeting (11/22/22)
Recording of the Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan Meeting (11/22/22)
Survey Results and Public Feedback
- Fall 2020 Stakeholder Survey Results
- March 2021 Public Chat from Ward Workshops (Held via Zoom due to COVID-19)
- March 2021 Poll Results from Ward Workshops (Held via Zoom due to COVID-19)
- Winter 2021 Public Survey Results
Public Comment Form:
Missing the survey or a public meeting? There are still opportunities to participate by leaving feedback via this link: LWRP & Comprehensive Plan Feedback Form.
The City of Plattsburgh is a community extraordinary in its orientation to Lake Champlain and the Saranac River that possesses rich environmental, recreational, historical, cultural, artistic, and economic resources. Our trails, parks, marinas, and boat launches will maximize access to our waterways, creating unforgettable recreational experiences and optimizing permanent public access. This is the vision statement from the City of Plattsburgh’s draft Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP). The purpose of the program is to outline a vision for the city’s waterfront, set forth policies and a management structure to implement the program, and identify key projects that will increase access to the waterfront, promote recreational opportunities as well as preserve the land for future generations.
In 2018 the city received a second EPF LWRP grant to finalize the document as well as update the city’s Comprehensive Plan and city codes. A committee of sixteen community members has been assembled to advise the process and a team of consultants led by Saratoga Associates will be responsible for completing the project.
Coordinating development of the LWRP with the Comprehensive Plan and city code updates is an excellent way to ensure that the City’s planning and regulatory framework will meet the City’s goals for revitalization of the waterfront and support the natural, cultural, and economic resources so vital to the City’s future.
Public Advisory Committee Information
Meeting updates and other information from the PAC are below.
- 4-22-20 Kickoff meeting notes.pdf
- 5-6-20-LWRP review meeting notes.pdf
- PPT for visioning fun sheet.pdf
- COP Stakeholder Survey Summary Dec 2020.pdf
- Draft LWRP - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfgzrd23xalxtlc/Plattsburgh%20LWRP%20-%202016%20DRAFT.pdf?dl=0
- Current Zoning Code - https://www.ecode360.com/PL0920
- Current Comprehensive Plan - Comprehensive Plan for City-1999.pdf
- Common Council Visioning Session - Common Council Visioning Session September 2020.pdf
- Planning Board Visioning Session - Planning Board Visioning Session.pdf