LOCAL LAW P-6 OF 2018
Introduced by Councilor McFarlin on October 11, 2018 at a Regular Meeting of the Common Council.
Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm in the Common Council Chambers, 41 City Hall Place, Plattsburgh, NY 12901.
Amending Zoning Regulations for Planned Unit Developments in the Central Business District in the City of Plattsburgh.
A local law amending Sections 270-20(1) and 270-20(3)(i) of the City Code of the City of Plattsburgh and amending Schedule I, Schedule of Permitted Uses Part B of Chapter 270 the City Code of the City of Plattsburgh.
Be it enacted by the Common Council of the City of Plattsburgh as follows:
1. Section 270-20 (1) of the City Code of the City of Plattsburgh will be amended and restated to read as follows:
1. Definitions. As used in this section “Planned Unit Development” shall mean a subdivision plat or plats, approved pursuant to City Code Chapter 236, in which the minimum lot size requirements, minimum yard requirements, and minimum open space requirements as specified in Schedule II of the Chapter 270 of the City Code, and in which the maximum number of structures and dwelling units on a lot as specified in Section 270-17 of Chapter 270 of the City Code, and any amendments thereto, may be varied to provide an alternative permitted method for the layout, configuration and design of lots, buildings and structures, roads, utility lines and other infrastructure, parks and landscaping in order to preserve the natural and scenic qualities of open lands.
2. The portion of Section 270-20(3)(i) of the City Code of the City of Plattsburgh, which contains the chart entitled “Zone District Minimum Land Area (square feet)” will be amended and restated to read as follows:
Zone District Minimum Land Area
R-1 5 acres
R-2 5 acres
B-1 5 acres
B-2 5 acres
C 3 acres
I 5 acres
RC-1 5 acres
RC-2 5 acres
RC-3 10 acres
3. Schedule I, Schedule of Permitted Uses Part B of Chapter 270 the City Code of the City of Plattsburgh will be amended to include “12. Apartments on the first floor of a multi-story building within a Planned Unit Development.” to the “Uses Requiring Special Permit” section of the “Central Business” Zoning District.
4. This local law shall take effect immediately upon filing in the office of the New York State Secretary of State.