Downtown Revitalization Initiative
On July 6th, 2016, it was announced the City of Plattsburgh was selected as the $10 million dollar winner from the North Country Regional Economic Development Council. Below you'll find the latest updates on the DRI, the actual application that won the grant process, and the foundational materials used to shape and influence that application.
Save the Dates! November 4th and November 14th 2016!
Initial Program Planning Conference Call
Tuesday, August 23rd 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Mayor Calnon, Councilor Kasper and CD Director DeDominicas met via telephone conference with our full State DRI team on Tuesday.
We were joined by representatives from NYS Department of State, Department of Labor, Empire State Development, Homes and Community Renewal, and our planning consultants from HR&A.
The Mayor summarized the five pillars found in the DRI application that define our Live, Work & Play:
- Increased mixed-use housing,
- Recreation, gathering space and access to river and lake,
- Retail space, with healthy food,
- Business Incubator space; Maker space
- Arts and Culture.
He included a commitment to Green development and free downtown WiFi for each one of those pillars.
HR&A consultant team indicated that they did not want to “recreate the wheel” and congratulated Plattsburgh - “Exciting to see how much visioning has taken place.”
- Economic and real estate development firm
- Experienced in public/private partnerships.
- Will define the scope of their services
- Will include sub-contractors as needed.
- Will set up and staff meetings, prepare minutes, etc.
- First on-site visit with the DRI Steering Committee is set for September 15th.
- HR&A’s Project Scope will:
- Incorporate Previous Planning Work
- Existing plans and public input, attached, have been shared with all
- Schedule and administer four public input events, each matched to significant steps in the Steering Committee’s process
Mayor has nominated 45 potential members to the DRI Steering Committee, NYS will be vetting the list and selecting 10 – 15 for the Steering Committee.
- We expect to have a number of ad hoc committees, focused on specific issues, formed under the guidance of the Steering Committee and HR&A.
Department of State expressed a desire to have the specific actions accomplished with this DRI grant be expressed as one part of a broader plan for development going forward. This will link future grant proposals to the DRI, increasing the viability of grant applications.
Previous DRI Update
- A. North Country Downtown Revitalization Initiative Application
- B. Plattsburgh DRI Brochure 2016
- C. Local Waterfront Revitalization Program Excerpts
- D. DRI Downtown Outline
- D. Durkee Dock Street Pin Point
- D. Radius From Durkee
- D. Sewer Infrastructure
- D. Water Main
- D. Water Valve
- E. 2016-04-22 Market Analysis - Durkee St
- F. Destination Master Plan
- G. Concept Maps
- H. Destination Downtown Poster
- I. Arvay
- 2003 Durkee St Design Study - Freeman French Freeman
- City of Plattsburgh Downtown Design Guidelines May 2009
- Comprehensive Plan for the City of Plattsburgh - 1999
- Comprehensive Plan Maps for the City of Plattsburgh - 1999
- Destination Master Plan - Plattsburgh City Beach - July 2013
- Durkee St. Real Estate Market Analysis and Financial Feasibility Study 2016
- Guide to the Lake City
- Plattsburgh Brownfield Opportunity Area 2010
- Plattsburgh Downtown Waterfront Economic Enhancement Strategy Report - Hyatt Palma 2003
- Plattsburgh Local Waterfront Revitalization Program - 2010
- Plattsburgh Local Waterfront Revitalization Program - 2016 DRAFT
- Plattsburgh Task 7-8 Report
- Task 5_Phase I ESA
- Task 5_Site Recon Report
- Task 6_Crete Center Asmt
- Adirondack Coast Destination Master Plan Actions 2010
- Clinton County - Adirondack Coast Destination Vision Draft 2010
- Clinton County Destination Master Plan 2012 Goals
- Clinton County Destination Master Plan 2013 Goals
- Clinton County Destination Master Plan Analysis 2010
- Clinton County Destination Master Plan Preliminary Assessment 2010
- Clinton County Destination Master Plan Revised Goals 2015
- Destination Master Plan Action Items
- Essex Clinton Waterfront Plan - 2010
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council Progress Report 2012
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council Progress Report 2013
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council Progress Report 2014
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council Progress Report 2015
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council Strategic Plan 2011
- Town of Plattsburgh Comprehensive Land Use Plan 2010
- Town of Plattsburgh Economic Development Strategic Plan 2013